"Perhaps, Gordon, my friend, you could tell the truth. It works for me..."
He's not exactly thrilled about his new situation, but he hails from a long line of butlers who have served in the house and he honestly believes he's got nowhere else to go. So Hovis puts up with the fact that the former pets have become his masters.
Blik barks out orders constantly, Gordon treats him as an equal and Waffle hasn't quite figured out he's not a pet anymore (he still asks Hovis to be let out and scratched behind his ears). His birthday is April 14, 1982, as seen in "Love Jackal."
Hovis is the cats' butler and caregiver. He looks after the cats, but sometimes, he wishes that he had a different career. He almost never looks on the bright side even if there is a bright side.
Hovis is a rather tall man. He has peach colored skin and his main outfit consist of a black jacket with a black tie, and long khaki pants. He is balding but has some black hair on the back of his head.
- The first time Hovis smiled was in the episode "Unicorn Club"
- Waffle has attempted to cut apart Hovis with the use of scissors twice.
- Hovis was formerly in a band named "Love Jackal", where his band members nicknamed him "Lord Thunderpants" (much to his dismay).
- Hovis occasionally goes on vacation, leaving the cats to fend for themselves.
- He of course, leaves behind a detailed list of emergency phone numbers.