Major Pepperidge is the 33rd episode of Catscratch to air, and was paired with the 34th episode, Magic Staff.
Episode Summary Edit
The episode starts off with Mr. Blik practicing for his Blik-themed parade staring him. His brothers help him along as Waffle throws flower petals at him and Gordon building Blik’s float where he sit to be in honor. Gordon then asks where Waffle and he will sit in the float for his parade. Then then replies as to throw their own parades just like Blik. Blik then yells at his brothers to get back to work on the float. Waffle states that he wants to ride in the float as well as Gordon.
Back inside the mansion, Blik goes on and on about how he will star in his parade and how people will love him in the mirror with his big crown on, when suddenly he realizes he has a blemish growing on his neck. Blik then runs into the bathroom and grabs all the ointment and creams in the cabinet. He then thrown on globs of ointment on to his blemish and wraps his neck all in bandages. The blemish then grows even more as Blik freaks out and tries to push it back in him (making it relocate to his head) and pushes it back down to his neck. Blik then finds a scarf in the bathroom and warps it around tight on him, making the blemish go away. Blik then feel relie that it went all away when suddenly, the blemish broke out of the bandages and revels a second Head who then says hello to Blik. Hovis then calls Mr. Blik to lunch. Blik runs out of the bathroom as the head silences Blik to reveal his name to be Major Pepperidge.
At the dining table, Hovis brings a tray of buttery bacon sandwiches and bottles of root beer for the cat’s lunch (all except Waffle who has a healthy bowl of salt). As Gordon eats a sandwich, he then realize his brother, Mr. Blik hiding in the shadows.
- This is the second of the three instances where the German title is the same as the English title.
- This marks the first and only appearance of Major Pepperidge.
- When Major Pepperidge tells Blik that sharing doesn't hurt, the layer that had his mouth disappears on "Your [neck]".
- When Gordon is pacing back and forth in Kimberly's yard, his lines are thicker for a few frames before his first turn around.
- When Waffle laments to Major Pepperidge "The stars... They're gone.", his forehead is colored white for a frame.
- The frame after, his teeth are colored to grey.
- Wayne Knight......................Mr. Blik
- Rob Paulsen........................Gordon
- Kevin McDonald....................Waffle, Newts♣
- Liliana Mumy.........Human Kimberly
- Maurice LaMarche..................Hovis
- Jeff Bennett..............The Nobleman♣, Grizzled Guide♣, Panicked Man♣
- Peter Hastings.....Major Pepperidge, Old Lady♣
♣ = Designates a character that did not appear in this episode
The Secret Door