- Parts of this episode's title card are used again in a promotional image for the show, which replicates a scene in "Gordon's Lucky Claw" where the cat brothers are cornered by a Meteor Worm.
- The part where Mr. Blik and Waffle are stuck to the ceiling in a cocoon, and something is ready to explode from inside Waffle's chest is a reference to the Alien franchise.
- This episode was ranked as #25 on the Top 100 Greatest Nicktoon Episodes.
- This marks the first (and only) appearance of Quebafarb and Zinkogorb.
- When Quebafarb and Zinkogorb terrorize The Chumpy Chump Brothers, the encounter must've sparked some interest with Tad, as he is seen enjoying a magazine about aliens in a subsequent episode, "Two of A Kind".
- From this episode forward, Brick is now credited as Lunk.
- Tad's nose resembles an eggplant in the shot where they demand candy from the alien duo, whereas his nose is normally shaped like a diamond.
- When Waffle looks up at the alien duo after Blik gets cocooned, their shirt colors are switched.
- When Gordon is dashing across the hallway shouting, "Why couldn't you have listened to me about this accursed day?!" the layer that had his mouth disappears for a frame.
- When Gordon says "Evil has come to cocoon us", an editing error shows a cropped frame of Hovis as Sachiko from the episode before the previous one, "Big Eyed Bunny".
- In this episode's ending credits, the fifth period away from Liliana Mumy's name is a comma.
Names in other languages Edit
Arabic - حلقة القط الجبان
German - Landung der Außerirdischen
Czechoslovakian - Kocour strašpytel
- Wayne Knight.................Mr. Blik
- Rob Paulsen..................Gordon, Zinkogorb
- Kevin McDonald...............Waffle
- Maurice LaMarche............Hovis, Adult Man, Quebafarb, Vet♣, Luther
- Liliana Mumy....,............Human Kimberly, Kid
- John DiMaggio................Tad, Lunk
♣ = Designates a character that did not appear in this episode
Requiem for a Cat
Hi Ho Kraken